Have you ever cleaned a rug in the snow? This is the perfect opportunity.
Winter Cleaning Instructions:
1. Shake the rug well, releasing any dust or loose dirt. Hang outside and let acclimate to the temperature for at least a half hour.
2. Lay the rug in 3″-5″ of snow, give yourself a large area to work in. With the broom, flip a good amount of snow across the entire surface.
3. Beat the snow all around the rug with the flat side of the broom. The trace amounts of ammonia in the snow will react with the cold air and cause any dirt or grime to solidify and fall out of the rug.
4. Let the snow sit on the rug for 15-20 minutes before flipping it over and repeating steps 1-3 on the other side.
5. Shake as much excess snow off the rug as you possibly can before hanging it over a railing or clothesline. Leave it to hang for 20-30 minutes to allow the snow to sublimate. The snow will go from it’s solid phase to vapor without actually getting the rug wet.